Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday, January 28, 2011


What a great start we are off to in Computer Applications class! I am so pleased with the progress my classes are making in just the short time I have seen them. These are truly some amazing young students!
Take a look at what we have been up to:.

  • We all have successfully become members of Edmodo. Edmodo is a social network designed for teacher/student interaction with an emphasis on quick communication, polling, assignment sharing, and more. The students are really enjoying the "face-book" like appearance and it is giving me an opportunity to teach about online etiquette and safety. If you would like to join with a parent account, please contact me and I will set up a code for you. pharesr@edgewood.k12.oh.us
  • We began our journey into the world of Word Processing. The students have discovered the function of all of the tools on the tool bar, how to insert clip art and word art, and how to use auto shapes to create graphic designs. If you would like to see your child's work ask them to show you their edmodo account.







Our goal is to teach you to be a 21st century citizen right along with us. I will be having guest student bloggers to help you in your journey. Your first lesson is on how to comment on a blog. I hope you will take time to comment to our class. (If you are a student reading this and you would like to be a "guest blogger" please let me know.)

Meet Ivan. He is going to tell you how to comment on this blog.


Hey! I am going to tell you how to comment on this blog.
  1. Click "comments" below the post.
  2. Type what you want to say to our class or to Mrs. Phares.
  3. Where it says "comment as" choose "Name/URL."
  4. Choose it, and then you can type you're first name.
  5. And add this website's url as "URL" or you can leave the "URL" field blank.
I also work on a blog for Mr. Steiner. If you would like to look at it you can click this link.
http://edge201.000a.biz
Thanks! :) Bye!



1 comment:

  1. This is where parents and students can start to comment.

    ReplyDelete