Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

What do you do while we are at school?

We will be starting our Internet video conferencing unit this week and my students will be introduced to "skype." To make this experience intriguing to my students I would like to involve as many parents and grandparents as possible.

My plans include skyping with parents or grandparents. If you have a computer with a webcam, you will be able to skype (video chat) with your son or daughter's class.

Here is how I envision the project:

Before the Skype Date:
  • Your son/daughter will learn about skype in class.
  • Your son/daughter will help you set up your skype account and instruct you on how to use the software.
Skype Date:
  • Your son/daughter will be responsible for placing the skype call to you.
  • Once the connection is established they will ask you the following questions.
  1. What is your job title? ( Grandparents could speak about what they retired from. Of course, I believe stay-at-home parents is an occupation in itself.)
  2. What is your top job description? What do you do at work?
  3. What is the one piece of advice you would have for students my age?
The entire process will take you about 5-10 minutes and will be an incredible help to our class.

Can you help? Please email me at pharesr@edgewood.k12.oh.us .
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment