Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Ten Speed or Three Speed?


This weeks class motto was "Like a ten speed bike, most of us have gears we do not use." I really kicked my kids into high gear this week. I had high expectations and most of them achieved their goals.

We are continuing to work on our word processing skills. We live in a digital age. The 21st century learner will need to be proficient on their word processing skills to be effective in the classroom and the workplace. Communication skills will continue to be a focus of our classroom through our blog and wikispace.

This weeks accomplishments includes:
  • Students created Wikispace Page on our classroom wikispace.
  • Students uploaded their Wordle and Vacation Documents to their Wikispace Page.
  • This weeks blog post was about the five things that makes them the happiest. I am continuing to fight the battle of getting them all to write in complete sentences. (I will win this battle!)
Thank you to the parents and grand-parents who have taken the time to comment on our blogs. It makes a difference when they know I am not the only one who is reading their post.

I have made an important addition to my blog. You can now click on the "lesson plan" page at the top of the screen to see my weekly lesson plans.

Next week is an crucial week for my students. We will be discussing the dangers of plagiarism.

Have a great weekend.
Robin Phares




No comments:

Post a Comment