Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

PowerPoint


This week my amazing students dug back into their memory banks to remember some useful techniques they have learned in the past about PowerPoint. We then added a few new skills and came out with a PowerPoint presentation titled "All About Me." We were able to put them on our wikispace by changing them into PowerPoint movies. One of the dangers of changing a PowerPoint into a movie is that it loses the animations, however, I thought you would enjoy seeing what they accomplished this week.

I am totally excited about next weeks project. I am turning the tables, they are going to be the teachers and I will be the student. Their assignment is to find something they are studying in another class and go above and beyond what they have learned. They are then going to make a PowerPoint and teach me. This project is going to exercise their research skills, their writing skills, and their presentation skills. They will be blogging for the last five minutes of every class to report on the progress they have made. What a great project this is going to be! My hope is that you will become involved in this project and add your support from home.

Not a lot of time for blogging this week, however, we did have a few minutes to write about a Random Act of Kindness we performed. I hope you enjoy reading them. Your comments are so appreciated and mean the world to your child.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great project coming up next week. I bet you'll learn a lot! Thanks for all you do, Mrs. Phares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so blessed to have the job I do. These students are truly amazing and I am looking forward to sharing their projects with you. Thank you for all the support you give to your son and the Edgewood City Schools.

    ReplyDelete