Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Self Motivated Learners




I believe that I am responsible for my student's motivational level. A student may arrive in my classroom with a certain degree of motivation, but ultimately it is my behavior and the design of my classroom that has the largest effect on their motivation. This week's theme was "How to become a Self-Motivated Learner." I post their assignments daily and they understand it is their responsibility to complete their work. I am starting to see some impressive work habits.

This weeks class motto was "If you need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of your arm."

I can honestly tell you that my students have far surpassed my expectations. I am shocked at the level of work they are achieving and this is only the second week of school.
  • We have completed three additional learning.com lessons on Word. Please remember that these lessons can be viewed at http://learning.com/. Students use their six digit school id number as both their user name and password. The district name is "edgewood-oh".
  • Students completed the "Word" quiz and I am happy to report that the lowest grade was an 84%.
  • We began two projects that will utilize their newly acquired Word skills. I will be posting their finished projects next week. About Me and A Teenagers' Guide to Everywhere
  • This weeks blog post was about Super Heroes. I asked the students if they could be a superhero, what super powers would they have and why? You can read their responses here. Please take time to comment on their posts. I believe it will help them become better writers knowing you are reading their thoughts.
http://kidblog.org/PeriodFour2/



Have a great three day week-end!
If you need to get in touch with me you can email at pharesr@edgewood.k12.oh.us.








No comments:

Post a Comment