Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday April 29, 2011


I am so proud of my students and their efforts during this weeks Ohio Achievement Tests. Our seventh grade students took the Reading portion this morning, however much of the week was spent in preparation for the test and reassuring our students that we believe in them.

Tuesday afternoon we had the privilege of listening to Jim "Basketball" Jones speak to the student body. Jim Jones was a special education student in high school but graduated at the top of his class from BGSU with a degree in business. He sent a message of positivity, humor and always doing your best– for you! I am sure our students walked out of the assembly knowing that we do not expect them to do perfect on the test; however, we want them to do their personnel best. My students thought he was amazing.

We have one more test on Thursday. This is the math test and I am sure you can understand that there will be some students who are intimidated. I will do everything on my end to reassure them that they will do their best!

HAPPY MAY!
I am so excited for May because we will be getting into our digital camera unit. I think you will be totally amazed at the photos your sons and daughters will be taking. I have a classroom set of digital cameras for them to use; however, if they have their own camera it would be great if they could bring it in. I will be able to help them with all of the extra settings on their cameras that often times get ignored. I will have a special locked cabinet in my room for them to keep their cameras. They will need to begin to bring their cameras on Tuesday, May 3.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment