Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

April 22, 2011

In the 1920s, Ernest Hemingway’s colleagues bet him that he couldn’t write a complete story in just six words. Hemingway won that bet with the following story: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

I challenged my students to write and illustrate a six word story using their word processing skills. I am very proud of their results.

You will need to click on "open publication."

Our blog question for this week was "I wish......"

I hope you will take a minute to read and comment on your son or daughter's post.


SPECIAL NOTE: On Friday, April 29 our seventh grade students will be taking the Ohio Reading Achievement Assessment. On Thursday, May 5 they will be taking the Ohio Math Achievement Assessment.

It is extremely important that students be present and well rested on test days. This is an extremely stressful week. I hope you will take the time to reassure your child. Let your child know that you know tests can be hard, but that taking them provides a chance to show how well he or she can do. Be encouraging. Let your child know that you know they have been working very hard in school and you know they will do their best.

I truly believe that all of my students are champions and will be doing everything I can do to encourage them to do their very best. If there is anything I can do to help you or your child be a success please feel free to contact me. pharesr@edgewood.k12.oh.us

No comments:

Post a Comment