Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

March 18, 2011

It's Friday afternoon and I am sitting in my quiet classroom. All of my students have gone home for the weekend and I finally have a chance to catch my breath. Honestly, I am sitting with tears in my eyes. I have the most amazing students. Please let me explain: Today's blog questions is very near and dear to my heart; school bullying. I started the day by showing this video and two others similar to it.



I then asked my students to blog about their experiences with bullying. Many times we forget how young and innocent our students are. I hope you enjoy reading and commenting on these blogs. Please feel free to comment on as many as you would like. ( Please email if you need to know what period your child is in: pharesr@edgewood.k12.oh.us)

Period Two
Period Three
Period Four
Period Five
Period Six
Period Eight

Let me get you caught up on what the class has been up to. We have been discussing 21st Century learning skills and collaboration. For this assignment I had the students choose a partner to work with while making a Prezi or a Google Presentation. The only rule I had was the COULD NOT TALK! I forced them to communicate all on line through a "type with me" document and by making them partners on the presentation. They worked on two computers, both working at the same time, and came out with one presentation. FUN!
Here is an example; make sure you look at the last page, it is priceless.


As you can see, we have been busy in room 301. We are starting to work on our Mix Books and the finished projects will knock your socks off!


No comments:

Post a Comment